Books for Family Spiritual Growth
Here are some books that we recommend:
- One Year Bible (NASB is highly recommended as most true modern translation to the original Greek and Hebrew over KJV, NIV, or NLT)
- Gather Round the Dinner Fable, Steven James, (David C. Cook Publishers, 2006).
- Risking Faith: a 40-Day Journey into the Mystery of God (Dr. Steve Stephens, 2008).
- The Burning Heart Contract: a 21-day Challenge to Ignite Your Passion and Fulfill Your Purpose (Becky Tirabassi, 2005).
- Restoration: Returning the Torah of God to the Disciples of Jesus (D. Thomas Lancaster, 2005). Learning a Jewish perspective of the Bible is critical to understanding. This is a great introductory book. You can also learn a lot of Jewish perspectives on our One Year Bible blog (divided up into readings each day from Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs starting January 1) or our Bible Companion for Families (follows the books of the Bible beginning with Genesis and can be started anytime).
- Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream (David Platt, 2010). Submitted by Amy McDonell.
- Do Hard Things: a Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations (Alex and Brett Harris, 2008).
- The Christian Heroes Series, Janet and Geoff Benge, (YWAM Publishing, 1999). This is a great collection of biographies of great men and women of faith who have changed the world.
- The Treasure Principle: Unlocking the Secret of Joyful Giving, ( Randy Alcorn, 2005).
- The New Evidence Demands a Verdict: Answer the Questions Challenging Christians Today, (Josh McDowell, 1999).
- Reckless Faith: Let Go and Be Led, (Beth Guckenberger, 2008). Submitted by A. Taylor with the following comments: An amazing book which pulled our family out of the "comfortable" and drove us to want to live our faith recklessly, as we see Beth living with abandon and experiencing the abundant life!
- Red Letters: Living a Faith that Bleeds (Tom Davis, 2007).
- The Wild Goose Chase (Mark Batterson, 2008).
- In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day (Mark Batterson, 2006).
- The Journals of Rachel Scott: a Journey of Faith at Columbine High (Beth Nimmo & Debra K. Klingsporn, 2001).
- Join the Movement: God is Calling You to Change the World (Alvin L. Reid, 2007).
Add a Book
Do you know of a book that should be added to this page?
Contact us today to contribute a Resource or Link to OneMillionArrows.com »